Welcome To Howell Recycling Center
The best scrap yard in Howell, MI. One of many PADNOS scrap yard locations, the Howell Recycling Center is the best place to recycle your scrap metal. Just off I-96 and Grand River Road, you can recycle copper, aluminum, steel, vehicles, catalytic converters, and electronics for money.
What We PAY you for
Here at your local scrap yard, we pay you to recycle your metal and e-scrap from home. We take:
- Steel – items like appliances, bed frames, furnaces, tractors
- Cast Iron – sinks, tubs, brake drums, and rotors
- Copper – items like wire, cable, tubing, radiators
- Aluminum – items like lawn furniture, radiators
- Electronics – items like laptops, PCs, memory, RAM, chips
- Stainless Steel
- Car Batteries
- and more!
Entering the Recycling Center
Our entrance is located on Lucy Rd between M-59 and I-96 E.
- Drive onto either of the yellow scales and continue to the far end.
- Stop at the intercom where our staff will capture your vehicle weight, ask about your material
- You’ll be directed where to drop your material.
- Come back across the one-way scale for your empty weight.
- Bring your ID into the office and we’ll complete your transaction and issue your payment.
Certified Truck Scales
In and Out scales reduces your wait time.
2 Non-Ferrous Scales
For lightweight materials like copper, aluminum and electronics, we have multiple certified scale for accurate weights.
We accept household cardboard at no value.
Frequently Asked Questions
What scrap can I recycle with you?
We pay you to recycle all metals including steel, iron, copper, wire, aluminum, auto cast, cast iron, cast aluminum and more.
We pay you to recycle electronics like PC towers, laptops, smartphones, motherboards, memory, and more.
We pay you to recycle lead-acid batteries from vehicles.
Can I recycle household appliances here?
Yes, at PADNOS Howell we will pay you for your old appliances. We recycle large appliances like washers, dryers, stoves, microwaves, refrigerators and freezers, and small appliances like toasters, blenders, and coffee makers. For items like refrigerators, freezers, AC units and dehumidifiers, we have a process for properly removing the refrigerant. This service is free of charge and will be completed by our staff.
Where can I scrap an old vehicle?
You can scrap old vehicles or vehicles totaled in an accident at PADNOS Howell. All you need is a valid title in your name or signed over to you as the purchaser.
We can arrange for towing service from this location.
What documentation do I need to bring to scrap items?
You need to bring a current, valid government-issued picture ID. If you are bringing in a vehicle, you will also need to bring the title.
Do I need an appointment?
No appointment is needed! Just drive onto the scale and we'll talk you through the process.
Where can I recycle electronics?
You can scrap electronics at PADNOS Howell, and get paid per pound. We recycle all types of circuit boards, computers, smartphones, cables, wires, hard drives with circuit boards, and more.
We also accept (at no value) printers, keyboards, tablets, speakers, power tools, vacuum cleaners, and gaming systems.