See the possible.
We’ve created a lasting success story by finding value in things others discard or take for granted, and see possibility where others see expendability. We take this full-circle every day by turning pill bottles into office furniture and raw talent into valued expertise. And, most importantly, by understanding what a diverse collection of people can accomplish when the chemistry is just right. Seeing the possible is in our blood. It is born from the sweat and smarts of those who worked here before us and it’s our responsibility to pass it on.
Always be crushing it.
If we bring it every day and do it right, do it the honest way, the ethical way, with our sleeves rolled up, our minds engaged and hearts aligned, we can change winning from an outcome to an expectation. Because when we win, when we crush it, we build a brighter future for ourselves, our clients, our families, our communities and the planet.
Just be good people.
Problems and solutions rarely come in tidy black and white packages. That’s why it’s the gray areas that test every company’s and team member’s standards and beliefs. So when the rubber hits that gray road and our clients, families and community need us to make the right choices, we fall back on four simple words: Just be good people. It’s why we support each other and our community, have education programs for our children and believe in practical sustainability. Bring those four words to work every day and good things will always happen.
Be a force clients can't live without.
We aren’t paid to handle our clients’ scrap, we’re paid to find the best solution for handling our clients’ scrap. This means we have to anticipate change and strive to find the answer before they see the problem – because your next idea will be the one that increases their bottom line, makes their lives easier and builds an enduring trust with our company.
You don't need a desk to be a leader.
Whether you sit at a desk, on a forklift, or behind the wheel of a truck, the opportunity to be a key contributor to our company is there for the taking. Your desire and ability to learn and grow is what drives our business, makes us safe, and keeps our clients coming back for more. When you step up, the rest of us – your family, team members, our clients and the community – rise with you.
It's been 100 years and we're just getting started.
At PADNOS, recycling is in our DNA. Our ongoing commitment to the pursuit of better ideas ensures that we bring you cutting-edge advancements that translate into significant improvements to your bottom line. And we aren’t just striving for better solutions, we’re delivering them, with newer, more efficient equipment and smarter, more effective programs, services and customized solutions that integrate seamlessly into your processes. Whatever the type or size of your business, PADNOS helps you get more value from your scrap metal, paper, plastics and electronics, and more return on your investment.
Let our innovation impact your bottom line.
For over 100 years PADNOS has been transforming scrap into reusable resources. It’s personal to us, as a fourth-generation, family-owned and operated company our extensive capabilities, deep resources and varied locations can handle your biggest challenges. We also have the agility and enthusiasm to provide swift, responsive service. Boosting efficiency and savings, reducing hassles, and improving your environmental impact is what we do best. Get in touch and see how we can help you take recycling to the next level. We’re ready to go.
Affiliations, Certifications and More
- Institute for Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI)
- Bureau of International Recycling (BIR)
- Michigan Recycling Coalition (MRC)
- West Michigan Sustainable Business Forum (WMSBF)
- Michigan West Coast Chamber of Commerce (MWCCC)
- American Copper Council (ACC)
- Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE)
- Michigan Manufacturers Association (MMA)
- National Association of Manufacturers (NAM)
- Scrap Theft Alert
Certifications and More
- Our electronics processing facility located at 1862 Alpine Avenue in Grand Rapids, Michigan, is certified by R2v3 and RIOS:2016
- Our Quality Management System to reprocess and distribute scrap metal is registered to the ISO 9001:2015 standard.
- Our Quality Management System to reprocess and distribute scrap plastics is registered to the ISO 9001:2015 standard. PADNOS Plastics Quality policy can be found here.
- Issued by the China Certification and Inspection Group, the Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection, and Quarantine (AQSIQ) certifies us to sell scrap materials to China.
- End of Life Vehicle Solutions Corporation (ELVS) Mercury Switch Removal Collection Participant.
- Registered by the State of Michigan Department of Environmental Quality to collect and process Electronic Scrap (2021 Registered Electronic Waste Recyclers).
- Our team is committed to exceed the needs of our customers as outlined in our Quality Policy.